– PORSCHE 356 C INTEGRAL HUBS MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS –
1) Dismount OE hubs according to Porsche instructions.
2) Choose the correct side Borrani front hub RW01-5139. Destro = Right Hand, Sinistro = Left Hand. RH indicates the car side in forward direction where to be mounted, so the RH Hub will have a LH thread and its spinner will show a clockwise arrow for undo. (Pic.01)
3) Press inner and outer wheel bearing races into their locations with care to not ruin seats or races, place the inner bearing in its location against the race and mount the rear grease seal. (Pic.02)
4) Using OE bolts, nuts and washers mount front disc rotor just like OE instructions. (Pic.03)
5) Slide the whole assembly, all the way, into proper side spindle until rear bearing reaches its final position. Locate the outer bearing with its OE outside race, washer and split locking nut. Tighten nut to proper bearing pack as OE instruction and slide the Allan wrench into hub side hole to reach the locking screw.
6) Reassemble brake calipers (there is no need to open the brake fluid circuit at front) and mount wheel. Do not forget to grease spinner thread and hub splines. (Pic.04)
7) ATTENTION: Left sidecar hub has the tachometer cable, use the special cap and secure the square tip with a small cotter pin to insure proper drive, before mounting the wheel. The original grease cap is not needed anymore.
1) Dismount OE rear hubs (brake fluid circuit needs to be open at this time) according to OE instructions. Carefully remove the oil slinger from OE hub rear, It will be reinstalled on new Borrani hubs.
2) Choose the correct side Borrani rear hub RW01-5140, according to same rule for the front.
3) Rear rotors passing holes for the OE studs (5 x 130) must be tapered at 45°just enough to let the new supplied Allen tapered screws to hold rotor in its position being flushed with rotor outer surface. (Pic.05)
4) Install OE slinger at hub rear (just like on OE hub) and install rear rotors with the 5 special Allen screws supplied, make sure the hand brake adjusting hole is aligned between hub and rotor. The 2 OE small screw to hold the rotor while dismount the OE disc wheel are not needed anymore. Carefully tighten the 5 screws making sure the slinger sets in its position and the final torque screws are flushed with rotor outer surface. (Pic.06) This is important since space is limited and wheel could interfere with them if not properly fitted. (Pic.05)
5) Use OE rear axle lock nut, but its outside diameter needs to be diminished until it reaches an outside flange dimension of 45,8 mm. To tighten it use a modified 36mm shocked wrench with an outside diameter of 45,8 mm. Tight until nut slot is align the axle hole for the cotter pin (use a proper size cotter pin but shorten to fit the inside hub diameter). Insert cotter pin throughout the 8 mm holes and lock everything as OE instructions.
6) Reassemble brake calipers (close and bleed the brake circuit) and mount wheel. Do not forget to grease spinner thread and hub splines.
– ATTENTION – A professional mechanic is needed for this application. Click here to download and save the pdf file of the instruction.
– For more info, assistance or quotes, please contact us –
Published images are propriety of A&M Garage LLC and/or Ruote Milano s.r.l. The Borrani logos and images on our site, owned by Ruote Milano s.r.l., are used with their kind authorization. All rights reserved.